To get started on a plan for a new engagement center, the Canadian Cancer Society in Saskatchewan (CCSSK) needed to understand how its participants, donors, volunteers and cancer survivors were going to interact with their system. Heller and CCSSK worked together to define how each constituent would be introduced to the organization, how they would first get started, and how their participation would continue over time. This detailed pre-planning laid out a blueprint for the priorities and requirements for the engagement center and clarified how each department would interact. By focusing on the needs of their constituents, CCSSK was able to step away from comparing software features and create an engagement center that truly serves the needs of their constituents.
Heller is committed to providing up-to-date resources and information on topics that impact the nonprofit community.
Our unique partnerships and associations with nonprofit organizations and software developers allow us to understand the continual advances in the market, and cultivate rich insights. As we combine these perspectives with our own experiences and knowledge, we are able to create reference materials useful to nonprofit organizations of all sizes.
From short, focused blog posts, to extensive white papers and reviews, we strive to share the knowledge we’ve gained with our nonprofit community. Please use this information to help you make better decisions for your organization, and contact us if you have any questions.
The year-end fundraising season is coming fast. Are you ready for it? Even if your aren’t, it’s not too late to get everything in shape to make your end of 2014 the best it can be.
In this webinar on October 30, 2014, fundraising experts Jenn Smith from Heller Consulting and Mike Spear from Classy shared what you can do now to make sure you get the most out of the biggest fundraising season of the year. Over 40% of all donations happen in November and December alone. They take us through the five most important phases of a fundraising campaign: Planning, Launch, Engagement, Finish, and Follow up. You can watch the full webinar and download the slides below.View Slides
Dreamforce is incredibly overwhelming, even for those of us that are veterans and have been attending for many years in a row. Because of this, we’ve come up with a Dreamforce Foundation Zone Survival guide to help you find everything you need from coffee, to wifi, to the Dreamforce app. Below is everything you need to know about attending Dreamforce, and is especially for those nonprofits who will be spending a lot of their time in the Foundation Zone (which is located in the Marriott Marquis this year – right next to Moscone)!Tweet for help
NGO Connect (formerly named roundCause) is the cornerstone in the Salesforce Foundation’s comprehensive CRM offering – Salesforce 1 for Nonprofits. NGO Connect is designed to not only meet all your fundraising needs but also enable your CRM strategy and constituent engagement channels.
Heller Consulting is one of the first Salesforce partners to work with NGO Connect and has more experience than any other firm. From our deep experience with the product, we’ve put together NGO Connect: Maximizing Its Potential for you to provide a practical understanding of NGO Connect and what it means for your organization. We share our favorite features and point out the aspects that your organization will be able to quickly take advantage of.
For years, the National Parkinson Foundation has operated a toll-free phone number for general inquiries. With an estimated 600 calls per month and no process for tracking call results, NPF realized they were missing an opportunity to better understand and support their constituents.
“We know that data-rich conversations take place on helplines, and we needed to be capturing and analyzing that information in a protected online environment to improve our services,” said Adolfo Diaz, Deputy Director of Patient Services at NPF.
With a national office and 110 chapters and branches, JDRF had dozens of disparate technology systems — including spreadsheets, databases, and online marketing tools.
After multiple attempts to implement CRM were unsuccessful, JDRF turned to Heller Consulting to lead system design, configuration and the overall project. The Heller team helped JDRF:
- Create a CRM strategy and system design to get the project back on track
- Extend their use of Salesforce.com beyond fundraising to program management, volunteer management, and more
- Created documentation and training materials and provide ongoing services when JDRF needs an extra hand with training, project management, and system administration
Download the case study now to read more about how JDRF and Heller worked together to successfully implement an organizational CRM and how it impacted the organization.Download the case study now
In 2008, the National Brain Tumor Foundation in San Francisco merged with The Brain Tumor Society in Boston to become one organization under the name National Brain Tumor Society. As a result, the newly formed NBTS needed to merge their two databases and get their fundraising processes in sync and turned to Heller Consulting.
Heller Consulting helped NBTS:
- Align their fundraising and communications operations
- Develop business processes so users from multiple departments can track important data while protecting sensitive donor information
- Coordinate major donor cultivation practices within the structure of the combined fundraising database
- Move databases and systems to the Salesforce platform CRM so data and processes would be available through web browsers regardless of the computer platform
- Streamline the patient services and call center processes
As a national community-based organization, the Canadian Cancer Society in Saskatchewan (CCSSK) needed a robust system that could more effectively connect its participants, donors, volunteers and cancer survivors. Facing a short timeline, Heller and CCSSK combined resources to upgrade several areas of the organization.
- Converted the “Reminder for Life” program from a manual administered process to an automated program, saving time and effort of organization staff
- Established a full Salesforce Communities site with custom branded destination page to allow volunteers to share information throughout the year
- Designed and developed internal workflows, escalation rules and processes for call center operations to streamline and standardize operations across the department
- Created documentation, knowledge base, and consistent onboarding Action Plans to train and organize new team members to be up and running efficiently
- Built the underlying workflows, content, and message templates and triggers needed to deliver the detailed Engagement Journey in conjunction with their peer-to-peer fundraising system
- Implemented processes to create a robust two-way communication channel to keep constituents interested and engaged all year.
Heading into their 150th anniversary, The Sacramento Children’s Home needed to be ready to launch larger targeted fundraising campaigns. They had been using Raiser’s Edge for over 10 years without applying its strategic or fundraising capabilities, so they wanted to determine if they would be able to use the tools they already had available. They contacted Heller Consulting for a System Assessment to determine the existing state of their installation, and if it would be able to serve their future needs.
Since our 2012 paper, Insights Into CRM for Nonprofits, we’ve continued to optimize the process for our CRM projects and have developed practical tips and tools to get your organization on its way from CRM vision to reality. This paper shares that experience and provides a practical framework for bringing together people, technology, service and strategy and managing the change it takes to bring CRM aspirations to fruition.