Heller is committed to providing up-to-date resources and information on topics that impact the nonprofit community.
Our unique partnerships and associations with nonprofit organizations and software developers allow us to understand the continual advances in the market, and cultivate rich insights. As we combine these perspectives with our own experiences and knowledge, we are able to create reference materials useful to nonprofit organizations of all sizes.
From short, focused blog posts, to extensive white papers and reviews, we strive to share the knowledge we’ve gained with our nonprofit community. Please use this information to help you make better decisions for your organization, and contact us if you have any questions.
In 2008, the National Brain Tumor Foundation in San Francisco merged with The Brain Tumor Society in Boston to become one organization under the name National Brain Tumor Society. As a result, the newly formed NBTS needed to merge their two databases and get their fundraising processes in sync and turned to Heller Consulting.
Heller Consulting helped NBTS:
- Align their fundraising and communications operations
- Develop business processes so users from multiple departments can track important data while protecting sensitive donor information
- Coordinate major donor cultivation practices within the structure of the combined fundraising database
- Move databases and systems to the Salesforce platform CRM so data and processes would be available through web browsers regardless of the computer platform
- Streamline the patient services and call center processes
As a national community-based organization, the Canadian Cancer Society in Saskatchewan (CCSSK) needed a robust system that could more effectively connect its participants, donors, volunteers and cancer survivors. Facing a short timeline, Heller and CCSSK combined resources to upgrade several areas of the organization.
- Converted the “Reminder for Life” program from a manual administered process to an automated program, saving time and effort of organization staff
- Established a full Salesforce Communities site with custom branded destination page to allow volunteers to share information throughout the year
- Designed and developed internal workflows, escalation rules and processes for call center operations to streamline and standardize operations across the department
- Created documentation, knowledge base, and consistent onboarding Action Plans to train and organize new team members to be up and running efficiently
- Built the underlying workflows, content, and message templates and triggers needed to deliver the detailed Engagement Journey in conjunction with their peer-to-peer fundraising system
- Implemented processes to create a robust two-way communication channel to keep constituents interested and engaged all year.
Heading into their 150th anniversary, The Sacramento Children’s Home needed to be ready to launch larger targeted fundraising campaigns. They had been using Raiser’s Edge for over 10 years without applying its strategic or fundraising capabilities, so they wanted to determine if they would be able to use the tools they already had available. They contacted Heller Consulting for a System Assessment to determine the existing state of their installation, and if it would be able to serve their future needs.
Since our 2012 paper, Insights Into CRM for Nonprofits, we’ve continued to optimize the process for our CRM projects and have developed practical tips and tools to get your organization on its way from CRM vision to reality. This paper shares that experience and provides a practical framework for bringing together people, technology, service and strategy and managing the change it takes to bring CRM aspirations to fruition.
An effective Content Management System (CMS) integrated with your system database and CRM can make a huge difference in the experience a website visitor will have on your website, and is often instrumental in converting a casual visitor to a valuable donor.
There is an exciting new world of donor management applications for nonprofits to choose from today, but where do you start? After the discontinuation of Common Ground nonprofits were concerned about how the market would change and evolve. To fill this need for information Heller created this in-depth review of top fundraising applications built on the Salesforce.com platform.
Many nonprofits feeling the frustration of juggling data in and out of multiple systems. With more online marketing applications available, nonprofits often have at least one database to manage “offline” traditional fundraising and donor management, and another database to manage online marketing efforts.
Business intelligence (BI) is the processes and technologies that transform data into information to help move an organization forward, and can be an effective tool for nonprofits to serve their mission more effectively and efficiently. Heller Consulting’s latest paper, Business Intelligence Applications for the Nonprofit Sector is an excellent way to learn what BI is while providing a review of the current BI technology landscape.
Join Keith Heller of Heller Consulting for a FREE webinar series clearly explaining what CRM is, what it does, and how to make it happen in your organization.
To better understand how nonprofit organizations perceive Constituent Relationship Management (CRM), we interviewed executives from 30 nonprofit organizations to uncover their thoughts on their strategic, operational and technical goals, activities, and challenges within the context of CRM. We’re sharing our report of participants’ insights based on our discussions with them.