Email has been one of the most reliable and effective tools for nonprofit fundraising and digital engagement. With the availability of advanced email marketing automation systems, there is an even brighter future on the horizon. It’s important to understand that while automated systems have many features, it takes detailed planning achieve their full potential.
Heller has built a team with rich experience planning and implementing marketing automation systems for effective fundraising and communications. We have a clear process for getting organizations established with new tools and quickly utilizing them for their automated fundraising and marketing efforts. Our experience covers a range of systems including Salesforce’s Marketing Cloud, Predictive Response, and even long-time favorites such as Convio Luminate Online. We can help your organization:
- Initiate – Initial implementations and successfully getting started with an engagement system.
- Manage – Ongoing implementation and integration, template development, and engagement journey development.
- Engage – Strategy, campaign and segmentation services to help reach your fundraising and marketing goals.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
One of the newest and most feature rich solutions now available to nonprofits for email fundraising and constituent engagement is Salesforce’s Marketing Cloud. Heller’s team has been working with the Marketing Cloud suite of tools since its appearance in the nonprofit ecosystem, and many on our team have Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email and Social Specialist certifications. By combining our extensive experience with Salesforce, our extensive nonprofit history, and rich understanding of legacy systems, we are able to provide efficient implementation and activation of the Marketing Cloud suite. Our initial services include:
- Strategic Planning – Aligning organization goals with the features and functionality of Marketing Cloud, including implementation phases, staffing outlines, and data strategy to support your campaign requirements and goals.
- Implementation & Configuration – Installing, connecting and configuring Marketing Cloud into your system, including data, security, users and contact management tools.
- Reporting Configuration, Documentation & Training – Establishing reports based on strategy requirements, and documentation and team training to augment the standard Marketing Cloud product training.
These services are perfect for organizations getting started with marketing automation, and will provide a firm foundation for any organization’s marketing team. For organizations ready to dive deeper into the more advanced capabilities of Marketing Cloud we also provide:
- Automation & Journey Building – Development of detailed engagement automation journeys including engagement pathways, reports, data filters, and program playbooks.
- Campaign Strategy – Creation of detailed campaign strategy roadmaps that align the strategic goals of the organization to Marketing Cloud capabilities for enriched adoption of the Email Studio. This includes best practices for creation, deployment, and measurement of fully executed email campaigns.
- Analytics & Survey Activation – Integration of Marketing Cloud with existing platforms such as Google Analytics, and initiation of Marketing Cloud native surveys.
Call us to get started
The marketing automation possibilities now available to nonprofits are endless, allowing for richer and more rewarding constituent relationships. Contact us for more information on our specific service packages, or we can discuss a customized package to fit your organization’s needs.
Heller has worked with many organizations with an assortment of missions. To read more about what we can do for you, please download these resources assembled from our experience.
To help nonprofits understand marketing automation, how to utilize it strategically, and how to get started, Heller Digital interviewed many trail-blazing nonprofit organizations like DonorsChoose.org, Sierra Club, Greenbelt Alliance to find out what they have already learned. We’ve assembled their experiences and insights into this paper to help guide nonprofits as they move toward this increasingly necessary combination of strategy and tools.
The Canadian Cancer Society in Saskatchewan (CCSSK) needed to understand how its participants, donors, volunteers and cancer survivors were going to interact with their system. Heller and CCSSK worked together to define how each constituent would be introduced to the organization, how they would first get started, and how their participation would continue over time.